Welcome to the Ohio Emergency Management Agency
Please Note that you are viewing the non-styled version of the Ohio Emergency Management Agency website. Either your browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or it is disabled. We suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version of your favorite Internet browser.
ODPS Ohio Emergency Management Agency
Matthew W. McCrystal, Chief
The Preparedness Branch is responsible for statewide, all-hazards emergency preparedness, including ongoing enhancement of Ohio's Emergency Operations Plan, coordination of local and state plans, training of emergency management professionals and development of exercises to validate capabilities.
- Updating and maintaining the Ohio’s All-Hazards Emergency Operations Plan.
- Updating and maintaining Emergency Operations Center standard operating procedures; and training federal, state and local agency personnel on EOC operations.
- Maintaining situational awareness for the state EOC during all levels of activation.
- Conducting an annual review of the 88 county emergency preparedness plans on a three-year cycle with a focus on providing guidance for enhancing county-to-county and county-to-state response interface.
- Planning for response to hazardous materials incidents including responsibilities relative to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Portsmouth American Centrifuge Plant.
- Coordinating and facilitating Ohio's participation in the following interstate and intrastate mutual aid agreements.
- Facilitating After-Action-Reviews of state disaster response, recovery and exercises.